Mobile Marketing Facts & Figures
- There are 300M mobile subscribers in the US. Over 96% of the US population has at least one mobile device. 57% of mobile subscribers use text regularly, with total user base of text messaging users reaching 65% of subscribers. 27% of mobile subscribers use Internet on their phones regularly, with total user base reaching 35%.
- Use of text messaging far surpasses phone calls placed. Number of text messages is up 450% from approx. two years prior (over 75B texts sent per month)
- 88% of all mobile subscribers have a text enabled phone. 51% have received SMS marketing messages, and 25% have opted in to marketing messaging from a brand. Nearly 1 in 5 have received a mobile coupon.
- 64% of mobile subscribers have an Internet enabled phone, of which 44% use the mobile Internet. Among subscribers who have an Internet enabled phone, 76% have an unlimited plan, and 87% use mobile email. Across all subscribers and phone types, 27% use the mobile Internet.
- Approximately 24% of all mobile subscribers own a smartphone
- As of April 2009, there are 6.4M active iPhone users in the US, up 2.1M from the year prior. 98% use data features on the iPhone, 88% use the Internet and 72% use location based services.